WHO WE ARE
“We” or “us” means Stonehouse Bakery, 3 Briar Hill, Danby, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO21 2LZ. If you wish to contact us, please visit our contact page.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site such as your name, address, and email address
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us
- details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- and details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical analysis. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
HOW TO BLOCK COOKIES
You may block cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you do so choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or some parts of the Site.
Most cookies we use are known as session cookies. These cookies will expire whenever you close your browser or shut down your computer, and such cookies need not be blocked. Other cookies used for specific purpose will expire when that purpose is no longer required.
You can find out more about blocking cookies in specific browsers at www.aboutcookies.org
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use suitable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to process your order, and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ourselves
- and to provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Except as provided below, we do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties and will not share your personal information with third party advertisers.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use, Terms of Service or any other terms or agreements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. For more information see: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/